Thursday, November 29, 2007

So Proud...



My little big girl went to school orientation day today and I was soooo proud. It's probably not meant to be a big deal but when I was told her uniforms were ready and she was welcome to wear them I thought why not give her the new back pack I bought her for Christmas and make it a big deal. She was so excited and had the best day...took to it like a duck to water. She told news at news time and danced and sang and enjoyed every minute. It didnt go off without a hitch though. She was sick on the way to school - a combination of the bowl of milk and cereal she downed before we left and nerves I guess. I had a nice time getting to know the staff and other Mums so it was a great experience...and did I mention how proud I am? I got some wierd looks for snapping away with the camera but figured its a scrapbooking Mums God given right to make the most of a scrapbook moment!

Yesterday was also a great day in Newdegate. There was a smaller group than usual but we wound up the year with a little Christmas party and Christmas projects which were a great success. The little K & Co paper gift boxes really are simple but beautiful and I sold all the sets - hopefully will have more soon. I've been unable to do anything more myself but be sure that when I do I'll show and tell. I'm off to Ravensthorpe on Saturday which I'm looking forward to and this will possibly be my last outing for Scrappin' Outback for this year.
I am having a wind-up lunch and open scrapbook day here on Tuesday the 11th of December and would love it if any of you could come and celebrate with me. I'll keep you posted with more about it soon.

3 comments:

Gayle said...

wow Karen! I didn't realise Phoebe was going off to Kindy next year! She looks so grown up in these photos....I totally understand how proud you are feeling. And yes you did have a right to take photos on this special day!

Anonymous said...

Ditto to Gayles' comments. How grown up Phoebe looks! You are moving into the next phase of your familys' life - how exciting. Enjoy it, be snap happy, and have fun scrappin it.
Cheers, Ann

Lissy said...

Every scrap booker gets a few weird looks I think! Oh well! :)