Friday, May 16, 2008

Warning...photos may offend.

I just completed another layout and wanted to post it but I must warn you that some of you may find the photos offensive so please do not scroll down if you think you may be offended. The layout is about a fox shoot that Matt participated in recently. I used the new Little Yellow Bicycle papers again and I tried Grunge board for the first time ( a little bit behind the times I know) and I love it. The pieces I used suit masculine layouts - another good find. I simply just swiped Sepia ink over the pieces and because they are embossed it creates texture and dimension. I'm trying to get more of it but it is in great demand and on back order at the moment. I'm hoping to stock up on it, then do some classes in the coming months.




I also wanted to mention something that I am passionate about. Thursday the 15 of May was Compassion Day. Compassion Australia is a child sponsorship program that Matt and I support. Compassion has an excellent track record of helping thousands of children and communities living in poverty. Soon I will be an advocate for Compassion so I can raise awareness and help people learn more about it. I encourage you if you have ever thought about sponsoring a child, to do so and you can do it online at http://www.compassion.com.au/ We sponsor children ouselves and so does Scrappin' Outback and we feel that even though it is such a small contribution every bit makes a difference. I'll leave it with you.

Thats all for today folks. My little King has cut his day sleeps short this week so I'm short on scrapping time for the moment hence the quick and simple layouts. Bye the way we got more rain and the end of seeding is in sight (about a week away)...YEEHAH!

2 comments:

Lissy said...

Great layouts Karen...and so glad to hear your brother's chemo is progressing well :)

Gayle said...

Hey Karen!
Great blokey LO...Murray would love it. I am yet to use my grunge board I bought off you...love it but keep forgetting its there.. :(