Monday, May 12, 2008

Back on track...

Life is back to normal - for today - so I took the opportunity to scrap while Jett was down for a sleep. I finished another layout that I'd started previously. For some time now I've been scanning Phoebes artwork and saving it to my hard drive. It means that if we lose the piece or it gets damaged or ripped then there's no loss. I cant physically keep everything she does anyway so this is my attempt to preserve it. I was impressed with her people drawings she started doing a couple of years ago. I printed them onto photo paper and came up with this layout. I wont do this with all her artwork but I consider it a milestone when a child learns to draw people and animals so this one was special to me. I used old Sassafras Lass papers, American Crafts Thickers and a Heidi Swapp journaling block.




I also knocked up this framed layout for my Mother-in-law for Mothers Day. It is of Matt's sister Kimberly who lives in Montana with her son Miles. The photos were taken at Christmas time during a family photo shoot while Kim and Miles were visiting Australia. I know this will mean a lot to Mum so she can see her girl everyday. I used Bazzill, K& Co Ancestry papers and paper ribbon and 7 Gypsies stickers. Very happy with how this turned out although photo does not do justice.



I have been working on my holiday album, on finishing off the pages with embellies and journaling. I'll get it finished eventually, then show and tell.

Sarah reminded me the other day in the comments that I've had an artical written about Scrappin' Outback in the latest edition of Scrapbooking Memories. Ann also spotted it. I was so excited to be asked and stoked to see it in the magazine although I was a little dissappointed that the write up didnt read how I thought it would, but its out there and hopefully people will notice it.

Other than all of that I've been tidying up again - it never ends does it?! and back to cooking for the boys after a weekend off. At the moment we are planting seed and praying for rain!

No comments: