Sunday, April 13, 2008

Therapy

This week I've scrapped my heart out and it's been very therapeutic. I can escape reality for a little time and create. It's been lovely to just be by myself for a bit and think things through. The good news is that I've done 16 layouts since the Hyden retreat which is more than I've ever done in that time frame. It cant last too much longer as seeding will start soon and I'll be too busy to scrap as much, and I have to get on to all the office work and other jobs that I have been avoiding. I managed to clean windows today which I'm ashamed to say is a once or twice a year event! Gee the difference is amazing - the view looks so much better!

I have a couple of layouts to share. I decided to go back and scrap some older 6 x 4 photos - some of Jett as a baby and came up with this layout about him trying to crawl and get the cat in his grip. I used Fancy Pants new About a Boy papers and chipboard brackets with some old Heidi Swapp letters - love to use up older stuff.


I used Alli's quick and easy pages formula to come up with this layout of Jett's first train ride. This formula is so handy. I had tried using these photos for another sketch and it wasn't working and then I shifted the photos into a block and wah-lah there it was...to easy Alli, but so effective. This is my type of scrapping - I love it.
Then there's my 'Pals' layout. I used more of the new Fancy Pants paper and chipboard, also with some American Crafts chipboard stars and old alpha's...yay!

That's all for today. I'm off to Perth tomorrow. I have to check out venues for the Perth retreat, spend some time with Dean and Cassi as they await test results, and I'm taking Matt to see Matchbox 20 (his Christmas present). Be back soon.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

hey we'll be in Perth too! We are taking Tayla upto a Scripture Union Camp and visiting Jackie and Ella at King Eddy.
Great LOs Karen...wish I was on a scrapping roll like you :(
Praying for Dean and all your family too. We've been getting emails from Dean so we can pray him through this. Love youxxoo