Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Story telling...

I decided recently that my new term for scrapbooking should be 'story telling', because after all that's what I'm trying to achieve. Of course I do it because I love cutting stuff up and joining it all back together again - something that men will never understand - and I love design and colour and all of that but what I love most is that I'm telling stories to future generations and especially my own children - I'm telling their story from my view. Looking back on this in 10 or 20 years is going to be a blast. Already Matt and I laugh and cry when we look through Phoebe's baby album that I scrapped from day 1.

Today I did a little more sorting in my studio, just enough so that I could get to my stuff to start 'story telling'. I managed a layout that I'm really happy with. It's about the 'funny story' in my last post...my little 'tool man'. I'll be teaching this layout at Newdegate on the 30th of April. There's a few little techniques I figured out the other day whilst dreaming of scrapping. I do that...I dream up what I'm going to do if I cant physically do it sot that when I get to it its quick and easy...in theory. I used the new Basic Grey range of Archaic papers, sticker strips and rub-ons...love this range for little boys and I think I'm going to get alot more done with it! Here it is...


Hopefully I'll find more time tomorrow to get on with some other ideas. I've got some classic photos this week of the kids playing which always inspires me to story tell. Pitty I cant get inspired about old photos I need to use...maybe some other day. I'm off to study the back of my eyelids (one of my Dads terms for sleeping).

No comments: