Saturday, July 19, 2008

Whirlwind week...

It's been a bit that way. It started with my brother, Dean and his wife Cassi and the kids, and Cassi's sister, Naomi and her son Alex, all coming to stay for 4 days. It was so nice to spend time with them and have plenty of quality time together. The dreaded lurgy was upon us all unfortunately which meant we had sore heads, sleepless nights and forest loads of tissues. Feeding time at the zoo was full-on too, but I wouldn't have it any other way - this was my opportunity to look after them all.

Then there was the preparation for the Hyden Craftathon...I was told by Lisa B to bring a small amount of stock for the girls to shop from but no - it cant be done - there is too much yummy stuff and who can decide what to leave behind? not me!

Thursday morning, bright and early, packed to the eyeballs and under the weather with a flu I set off to Hyden and joined the girls in a 2 day fundraiser for breast cancer. Lisa B did an amazing job of organising the event...clever girl...and all her hard work paid off with a bit over $1700 being raised for the worthy cause that is close to too many hearts.

On the craft side of things all achieved a great deal and I even got a few pages done and a few started. I ran out of time to print off photos so I used what I had and came up with 2 layouts for my brother, Paul's album and a layout for Jett's album.

Paul's album is a We R Memory Keepers 3 ring album that fits 12 x 12 pages and A4 (8.5 x 11) pages. I had this great photo of Paul engrossed in filling gumboots with sand while my Dad was building. I kept the layout a little vintage looking and fairly simple. I'm yet to put the journaling on as I need to check with my computer (my MUM) the facts surrounding the photo.



And then there's his battle scar photos in this layout...





My son, who I disowned temporarily on this occasion for obvious reasons, turned to me with this face and a mouth full of something - I didn't want to know. I made the layout playful and bright. I love this new range of K and Company 'Rough and Tumble' papers and embellishments. It's so versatile and fun. The pillow type bug stickers are to die for!





So today I am recovering and I need to rest to get over this flu, then I'll unoad and finish preparing for the Condingup retreat which is next weekend. I'm really looking forward to this one. The season is not very good so far for the farmers in the district so the girls need a bit of a good time to take their minds off it.
I'll show sneak peaks of their classes in the coming days. Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Gayle said...

hehehe...isn;t that photo of Paul after his surfing/breakwater photo from my camera...cause I have the same photo.
Great to here you had a good time with Dean, Cassi and family.

Lissy said...

Looks like you have been very busy...glad you have had some time with your family :)