Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas...

So long since I last blogged but here's an update. I'm a bit more organised with Christmas this year and as you saw in my last post I have done a few layouts already, speaking of which - if you would like a kit for any of the layouts we can send them out for $20 each. I also made a Christmas shadow box using the new Tim Holtz Configurations boxes with a load of Christmassy trinkets by K & Co and more. Here's the blurb by Tim, followed by the raw shadow box and my finished piece. I now have these in stock and they are reasonably priced and tonnes of fun to fill!



We have put up the tree at home for the kids to enjoy and I must admit it is lovely to have a tree up as we didn't have one at home last year, but first we put our nativity scene together which is what Christmas is all about for us....



I've made tonnes of Christmas cards this year and helped Phoebe make 24 for her class and teachers - I thoroughly enjoyed doing this with her. I used Christmas double sided papers and coordinating embellishments...


On a very sad note, my girlfriend, Bernadette, lost her Dad last night in a tragic car accident. Life is so short and not to be taken for granted, especially at this time of year. Make sure you 'say what you need to say' because you never know. My thoughts are with Bernadette and her family at this incredibly difficult time. Christmas is going to be a little difficult for me and my family too this year as we have our first without Dean, as well as his wife Cassi and their boys, Asher and Maddox, who are in California. I am hoping that being with my Dad, Mum and brother, Paul and my hubby and our kids, will soften the blow. I sincerely hope you all have a lovely and safe Christmas with your family and friends. I know I am not the only one who cant wait to see 2011 and a better year ahead! I heard of a Tennis Club near by who are having a P#*S OFF 2010 party - must admit I cant blame them! On a positive note I am grateful for everyone in my life and everything I have and have experienced.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Yep, 2010 sure has been a big year!
I hope guys have a stress-free, relaxing time with your families this Christmas Karen. We are heading off to Melbourne tomorrow until the 4th so might miss you hey?