Friday, August 27, 2010

Some layouts to share...

I finally have some layouts to share...I have been scrapping regularly but haven't got around to photographing the layouts until now.

First, I have been running some classes that are provided by Aussie Scrap Source - one of my suppliers so I make a sample but it's usually different to the class sample - that's the great thing about scrapbooking or even scrap-lifting, you get to interpret it your own way. Here is a layout of my kids - or my two VIP's (Very Important Princess and Prince)...I used Pink Paisley Enchanting papers...



And this layout is of my brother Dean at 4 months using Basic Grey 'Wisteria' - an oldie but a goodie...



I love this photo of Dean playing his guitar and when I found this sketch and discovered that the Basic Grey Marrakech papers suited it was a match made in heaven - I love this layout...the colours just work...all I have to do now is journal - this is the hardest part!



I have a huge new range of papers in by Echo Park which I am saving for the retreat but couldn't resist having a play with it and a sketch I found on Becky Fleck's blog and here is the result...
Lastly, for today, I did this layout using Basic Grey Kioshi papers and a sketch by Basic Grey using a paper doilie folded up..i think it worked.
Well, I have some sad news to finish on. Jen Burns, our very talented friend who was to be our new tutor for the October retreat has had to withdraw from teaching this time which both she and I regret and this decision was difficult for Jen. So Jen, we will miss you but we hope in future you can come and inspire us and we wish you all the best in the mean time. For those of you who are coming to the retreat and were really looking forward to meeting Jen and participating in her classes, i apologise and I am sure you will understand even though you may be disappointed. I am working on a replacement tutor but have also designed a stunning class (even if I do say so myself! I put a lot of work into this one!) if I cant find a replacement...so don't panic!
I hope to have some sneak peaks up soon of whats already been prepared! That's all for today folks. Tarah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the layouts Karen - just beautiful! Sorry to hear Jen wont be making it to the Retreat, look forward to meeting her some other time, meanwhile just know you will fill the void with some other inspiring classes!
Ann S

Anonymous said...

Love all those layouts Karen, can't wait to get back in there next week, hopefully Tuesday! Sorry to hear about Jen but we know you will do something fabulous instead, looking forward to the retreat!!!
Sarah A