Thursday, August 7, 2008

Catch-up

Classes went really well in Newdegate and Ravensthorpe on Friday and Saturday. As usual the girls are eager to learn and are very enthusiastic which makes it worth the while. Since then I've been home and doing a massive clean-up ( I think it's become a never ending story - sorry to bore you with it). And today the weather was nice so I planted some hedging plants in my garden that I purchased a while ago and were being neglected. I always find it hard to get time to do things like that but the results are so good I wonder why I didn't do it ages ago.

I did a little scrapping on Tuesday with the locals but didn't get to finish anything so when I do I'll show and tell. I do have a couple of layouts to show though. One I did for the Condy retreat and one I did quite a while ago but they are the same sketch so I thought I'd show both. I love the simplicity - of course - and how the sequence of photos tell the story. Gosh I love my kids - they are so funny sometimes! So here are the layouts - the first, Phoebe doing a fairy dance in the outfit she got for her birthday and was wearing for the 10th day in a row. Then Jett talking on the phone to Nanny, pacing the backyard in Phoebe's sparkly shoes with a saggy wet nappy...priceless...






I've been sorting stock for up coming events such as the Newdegate Field Days (3rd and 4th of September) and classes I'll be holding at the end of August and mid September. I'm working on a series of 6 heritage layouts that can be converted to layouts with current photos using 3 ranges of paper and embellishments. I'm really excited about this class because its a series and can be used for so many themes. I'm using heritage themed papers, classical all occasion papers and the third is a masculine range. You'll have to stay tuned for more details and to find out where and when the classes will be held.

Of course there's always new stock arriving and more on order. I'll be receiving the 3 new ranges of Basic Grey this month hopefully and lots, lots more. Plans are now coming along for the October retreat and tutors are currently designing projects. I'll announce the tutors shortly and have more information then. Looking forward to it -it should be a goody!

Thanks for looking and take care.

No comments: