Saturday, August 9, 2008

A layout to share...

Hi folks! Not much scrappin' get done around here...but I did manage to finish the layout I started on Tuesday. Firstly, you should know that my friend Carla should take the credit for the sketch I used to base the layout on. In fact Carla has 6 layouts using this sketch and they are all different and ALL good! Thanks Carla for sharing your ideas.

I have had company these days while scrapping. My kids have joined me and they love it. They are messy of course, and use too much glue, but they are delighted to be scrapping with Mama and getting to use my stuff. They both have terms for it...Phoebe calls it scrapaling...always has...and I'm proud to say my 2 year old Jett can say scapbooking (no r) and he's very proud of himself too. I came across a scrapbook in a book sale so I nabbed it and thought it would be a good place for Phoeb's to start. Up until now she has scrapped in a big paper book with all sorts of stuff. So, as a scrapbooking Mama I had to take photos and this is the layout I put them on. I used all sorts of goodies on this layout. I like the speech bubble stamp by 7 Gypsies I had in stock and thought might be useful (got more if anyone wants one), and I used felt brads - my new favourite product! So here it is...




I have also begun a layout of Jett scrapbooking and will show soon. Other than that I have been printing off photos for my new class series and planning the layouts and kits for them. It's fun but I cant wait to sink my teeth into the layouts themselves.

Retreat plans are coming along and I have been discussing ideas with the tutors and they are really exciting. It's going to be jam packed I can tell you that.

Toodle Pip! and thanks for looking.

No comments: