Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas...

Hi there! I wish you all an incredibly happy Christmas time and a wonderful year ahead. I have finally wound down and now that the rush of harvest and Christmas preparation is over I am enjoying some quite time with my family at home. It has been so good to relax, celebrate our Saviours birth, eat good food, hang out with family and even have a Nanna nap or two! I was on a mission to find an ornamental nativity scene this year and I finally came across this one that I love and it is so simple but says it all. I mustered together the wooden box and straw from my garden to finish off the scene - no need for tinsel and all that.




I did decorate a little around the house and my favourite piece is this flower arrangement my sister-in-law made for me for a table centre piece. I cant believe how lovely it is. I don't want it to die!




So much has happened in the last few weeks that it'll take me forever to report on it all so I'll have to do it in bits and pieces. My precious Phoebe had her first school concert and performed a little song and dance with the kids from her class - I was so proud my heart swelled! Here she is (fourth from the left)...

We finished harvest on Saturday the 20th of December and now we are left with the aftermath of delivering grain and cleaning up - no complaints though.

I'm very excited about what the coming year has for us even though it's not New Year yet. I've been thinking and planning and hoping I can pull off all I want to fit in - we'll see. Mostly I want my brother to get well and have his life back to normal. He is alive and so far the transplant has been effective although he lives with side effects that we hope will ease over time - at least he is here.

That's all for now. Have a safe holiday season.

No comments: