Sunday, May 23, 2010

Checking in...

Recently I was fortunate enough to attend the Becky Fleck class by WA Create in Perth with some of my girlfriends. We had a ball and enjoyed the classes so much. I came home so inspired and cant wait to try out some of the techniques we learnt in my own projects. I will photograph the projects we did soon and post them.

Since I have been back I have completed a few layouts. I got around to doing Jett's school photo layout which I did in the same format as Phoebe's. Each year I will do a layout of their individual portrait and a double layout of their class photos as well as the odd layout of 'first day', sporting events and school concerts etc. I have decided to keep their school related layouts in a separate album each from their everyday albums so all their schooling life is documented in one album. I have also included their reports and certificates in A4 page protectors in the same album. I am pleased that I have this format sorted now so in future I can just keep adding to them. Here is Jett's layout. I used KI Memories and Imaginicse patterned papers and a Jenni Bowlin bracket die cut paper.


I also made a new sketch this week to teach to the local and Newdegate/Ravensthorpe girls (the Ravy girls have joined the Newdy girls for classes seeing as I don't get down there these days...thanks for coming girls!). The layout is a double page of 4" x 6" photos and a photo I edited in photoshop to 4" x 11". If you don't have editing equipment you can use 2 4" x 6" photos in its place. Here are a couple of samples...
Its' been rather busy the last few weeks with our furniture shipment arriving, new gift ware and bits and bobs of scrapbooking products arriving. I have plenty of ideas in my head as usual but need to find time to put it on paper. I especially cant wait to play with all the new Prima flowers that we have had arrive this week so hopefully will have a project to show soon.
That's all for now.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Jett looks so big in that photo!
Glad you had a great time in Perth :) Its nice to get away with other ladies and scrap...haven't done it for ages :(