Monday, May 25, 2009

Back with more to show and tell...

Warning...this could be a long post as there is lots to report...

Recently we began beginners classes at Scrappin' Outback as there are loads of girls wishing to start out. Gayle Smith designed one of our beginner layouts with 2 versions (boy and girl) for our class and her layouts were gorgeous. I've had a few girls who have been scrapbooking for a while ask if they can have a kit so I thought I'd mention it if any of you would like one too. I have done the layout myself and I'm pleased with the results. Let me know at scrappinoutback@bigpond.com if you would like to order a kit. Here are Gayle's layouts...





and here is mine...



We have some new stock in store. K and Company have released new ranges and as usual they are to die for. I love Madeline which is very girl and romantic looking and also Que Serra Serra which is very collage arty farty style and absolutely gorgeous. I have a fair bit in stock and cant wait to use it myself.
We also have new Collage Press ranges 'Knave of Hearts' and 'Sweet Shoppe' that are stunning. Gayle is working on a layout using Sweet Shoppe which I'm sure will be awesome...sorry Gayle.. no pressure intended! Here are samples...





Then we now have the ultimate cutting mat by We R Memory Keepers. It is 14" x 18" and is magnetic (much like the Basic Grey magnetic cutting mat only bigger) and comes with a very large magnetic ruler. I love these cutting mats because i get less slippage when cutting with a ruler and knife, and also because I can hold down elements on my layout when I am assembling it. I can then hold it up to see if it looks good. These are pricey but worth the outlay. They retail for $69.95 and if you want magnetic posts to anchor things a set of posts (sold separately) is $10.95. They Basic Grey mats are a great alternative (@ $54.95) but have sold out, however will be back in stock soon. We R have also released a magnetic circle cutter to go with the mat which cuts circles from 4" to 12". It is quite good and I have these. They are $44.95. Tools have been very popular here of late and we have loads in stock.


I have a layout to share that I did a few weeks ago. I used Pink Paislee papers and border strips, the Cricut font called Stamped (my favourite) for the title and heart and a new Cricut cartridge called Home Decor for the birdie which is cute as. I have this new cartridge in stock...here it is.


That's all for today folks. Back ith more soon. I'm currently working on a few layouts.

2 comments:

Gayle said...

ooooooo..that Home Decor Cartridge looks very cool...I'd love to put a BIG chandelier on a LO!
I love it when you put products on your blog...gets me all excited :D

Condi Scrappers said...

Hi Karen,
Enjoyed looking at your blog and the layouts of yours and Gayles! We are still on holiday around Australia, but unfortunately haven't had time to scrap a single photo!!! The girls told me that this would happen, I didn't believe them, but now I do!!
Linda S