Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sorry...

It seems as though I keep repeating myself - always saying sorry for not blogging often enough...and i truly am sorry, but this time its for a very good reason. On February 27th - my 10th wedding anniversary - I lost my Auntie Pat who has been fighting cancer for almost 16 years. Despite the length of the fight I was stunned. And there were other private problems to deal with at the same time...just to add to the mix. Then on Friday the 6th of March we discovered that my brother, Dean, who had a bone marrow transplant in September 2008 has relapsed and the leukaemia is back. Now begins the journey to fighting back, but before that processing all that has happened. I was doing quite well but it has all caught up on me in the last day or 2.
The good news is that the retreat is going ahead and I have committed girls supporting me who are willing to help make it happen. So i shall be back with more news soon - hopefully good, and some more information regarding the retreat. Thank you for your patience. Love, Karen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi karen. Sorry to hear you sad news. Hope you are ok! Sarah Argent xoxox

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and sad news, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong, keep busy but never forget to take a few minutes "time out" for yourself each day!
Anna Fleming xoxo

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Dean and both your families.
Jo A

Condi Scrappers said...

Hi Karen,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Dean's family each day at this difficult time. Make sure you have some YOU time!
Linda S